2017年5月11日 星期四

May 11 , 2017 with class 603

The library has always been where I like to visit. There are always a lot of new and informative books, and I enjoy reading in this quiet place.
One time I could not find the book I wanted, and then an enthusiastic little volunteer came to me and asked, "Do you need help?"
I was much moved, and found the book with his help.
I thought I would feel very happy if I could help people while staying in my favorite place.   Therefore, I decided to join the volunteer team.
I told the teacher in charge that I wanted to be a volunteer.   She introduced me to the work that volunteers have to do.   The work includes:
1.   Help schoolmates borrow and return books.
2.   Help to put the books back to where they belong.
3.   Help solve schoolmates’ problems.
4.   Introduce the environment and the equipment of the library to schoolmates.

In the beginning, the experienced volunteer taught me how to use the equipment and then toured me around the library.
My favorite work is to put the books back to where they belong.  Although the books are heavy, I often find a lot of interesting books in the process of putting them back to the shelf.   When I am bored, I can borrow those books. 

Now, I am a real volunteer.   I can start helping others.


Lily and I went to the library yesterday. We helped the library with the chores. I was an apprentice yesterday. Today, I am an official volunteer. Andy and I work together in the library.
I learned how to deal with the library’s chores, but it was only exercise. I will do the real thing now.
As the library’s volunteers, we have to deal with a lot of chores.
First, we have to know where the books belong.  For example, if the book’s number is in the range of 850-855, the book belongs to Chinese Literature.   We have to arrange the books according to some specific rules. 
Second, we have to help readers find the books they want.
 Third, we have to help readers check out the books they want.
I asked Andy why he wanted to be a volunteer in the library.
Andy told me that he likes reading, so he wants to be a volunteer in a library.  He says that arranging the books enables him to find a lot of strange and interesting books.  .My reason to be a volunteer is similar to his. 

沒有留言:

張貼留言