2017年5月12日 星期五

April 29 , 2017 with class 603

Every spring, many people gather in Sanzhi (三芝) to view cherry blossoms, which reminds me of my hometown.  Viewing cherry blossoms is a Japanese traditional custom, and it was originally limited to the imperial court but soon spread to the public. In my mind, the cherry blossom tree next to the Sanzhi police office is one of the most beautiful cherry blossom trees in Sanzhi.  The tree is full of beautiful flowers.  The other day I was hanging out there with Wendy for a while. I could smell the strong spring in the air. I've been really enjoying the leisurely life and have been soaking up the atmosphere.








It was a fine afternoon with the clear and cloudless sky.   We went to the Port of Keelung (基隆) by bus to visit the research schooner–Tara, which is made of aluminum to avoid getting rusty.  Tara has been traveling all around the world, from east to west and from south to north, including drifting in the Arctic for 507 days. In this schooner, there are five crews(or sailors), one captain, one chef, one accredited correspondent(特派記者),seven scientists and one artist. In the expedition from 2016 to 2018, they will traverse the Pacific Ocean to explore the hidden diversity of corals and gain a better understanding of its ability to adapt to climate change. I found a cool thing on their ship.  The T-shirts they wear are quite unique.  They are designed specifically for every sea voyage.  Because of so many voyages they have made, they have many different kinds of T-shirts.  The design on the front of their T-shirts is a map which records their each journey.       
 I have learned lots of things about their study, and I admired their attitude very much.





沒有留言:

張貼留言