2016年1月18日 星期一

January 5, 2016 with class 503

        The temperature in Taiwan is higher than that in Japan.  However, I feel it’s colder.  Maybe it’s because it rains a lot here, which makes me feel it’s colder than in Hiroshima, my hometown. 
        Today, I know a new cuisine---hot grass jelly, which is also one of the famous snacks in Taiwan.  People here make jelly out of a kind of Mesona grass.   They boil it for hours and then add a little cornstarch into the soup, which then becomes black grass jelly after cooling down.   It’s good for health.  If it’s eaten in summer, it can prevent heat stroke. 

        In the winter, people here like to eat “hot grass jelly.”   They like to add red beans, green beans, peanuts, tapiocas, etc.  It’s delicious and it makes me feel warm. 

沒有留言:

張貼留言